Bridges to Prosperity (B2P) is an international non-governmental organization that specializes in the building of trailbridges in rural communities.
The Resource Mobilization and Partnerships Specialist (Specialist) is Bridges to Prosperity’s (B2P) key advocate to our global audience. The Specialist identifies, fosters, and leverages key partnerships, coalitions, and consortiums, such as with bilateral and multilateral agencies, to further B2P’s mission of ending isolation-caused poverty. The Specialist will develop and implement a global rural access advocacy strategy to mobilize resources and promote the funding of trailbridges across multiple geographies.
The Specialist is part of the Strategic Partnerships team, working closely with B2P’s in-country Partnership Specialists as well as external stakeholders to holistically advocate for rural access at all levels of government and global institutions.
- Undertake a global and regional development finance and advocacy scoping and mapping exercise
- Make clear recommendations on how to enhance global funding, partnerships, and advocacy strategies
- Collaborate with the Marketing and Communications Director to develop concrete strategies and actions to position B2P as a global leader in rural access
- Provide on-going research, strategic partnership intelligence gathering, and trends analysis
- Generate information to enable a coordinated engagement with global, regional, and country stakeholders
- Analyze trends and dynamics in global rural access financing
- Guide strategic partnership agreements within select countries
Engagement, Advocacy, and Influence
- Engage with influential key actors and the broader global community to influence and change behavior and policies related to global rural access strategies
- Build and maintain effective external networks that permit the effective implementation of new partnership frameworks, policies and strategies
- Ensure B2P is represented in funding forums and networks, proactively building relationships with new strategic partners
- Promote the creation of and coordination of joint thematic groups, dialogues, engagement events, networks, and coalitions to ensure information sharing
- Contribute to the strengthening of governments’ roles in advocating for and allocating funds to rural access
- Influence financing and funding windows to drive resources to support country-level rural access
- Consistent record of advocating effectively at the global level for specific policy and funding goals
- Strong understanding and knowledge of rural access financing, public policy, and the development finance landscape
- Strong background producing national, regional, and global reports on development finance and related areas
- Strong understanding of bilateral and multilateral financial institutions and mechanisms, including policy and fund development programs at both national and regional levels
- Experience in policy and financing in low and middle-income country contexts
- Self-motivated and highly resourceful to move key initiatives forward and problem solve
- Entrepreneurial spirit with ability to work and motivate independently
- Excellent interpersonal skills including networking, and experience communicating with multiple stakeholder groups (including policy makers, voluntary organizations, migrants’ groups etc.).
- Bachelor’s degree required. Post-graduate degree preferred.
This is a remote position, but the candidate will ideally be located in one of Bridges to Prosperity’s current operating countries including the United States, Rwanda, Uganda, and Ethiopia. Other East African countries will be considered. International travel will be required intermittently depending on location.
$68,000 – $87,000 depending on experience
Sound like you? Tell us a bit more about yourself below by November 30th, 2022.
For all US-based positions:
Compensation and benefits: $68,000 – $87,000 annual salary based on experience. Full-time benefits include 20 days PTO, 6 days sick time, 6 paid holidays, 10 business days office closure in December/January, paid parental leave, professional development and tuition reimbursement, 403b with employer contribution, health/vision/dental insurance benefits, flexible hybrid work model and more.
We have seen firsthand the benefits of a diverse team, and the strength that comes with diversity in experience, background, and perspective. We strongly encourage applications from individuals that would bring a unique or underrepresented perspective to our organization.