Bridges to Prosperity (B2P) is an international non-governmental organization that specializes in the design and construction of pedestrian footbridges. The Marketing & Communications Director is our brand guardian and is responsible for evangelizing the Bridges to Prosperity mission, vision, and impact story to build a recognized and respected global brand. They develop innovative brand, public relations, and communication strategies and assets with the goal to drive brand awareness, advocate for rural access on a global stage, and build relationships with key partners, including vendors and media contacts.
This role will work closely with leadership across the organization to ensure that marketing and communications efforts support organizational goals and objectives, and to support the development and utilization of in-country and vertical-specific materials and collateral.
Strategy and Planning
- Set and guide the strategy for all marketing, digital, communications, and PR in support of B2P’s brand awareness, advocacy, and fundraising efforts
- Develop short- and long-term plans for the marketing and communications team, including the definition of Key Performance Indicators and annual Objectives and Key Results and the implementation of career growth plans for team members
- Serve as chief translator, navigator, and coach for the Marketing Manager, who is responsible for implementation led by your strategy and design
- Elevate B2P as the global expert in rural trailbridge infrastructure development by understanding target audience, monitoring current events, analyzing trends, and engaging and customizing as appropriate
- Work with strategic stakeholders, including governments, international finance institutions, influencers, and partners to integrate their input and resource into joint marketing strategies.
- Capture key information, lessons, best practices, case studies, and sector insights to produce insightful and captivating content for a global audience of leaders, researchers, funders, and policy makers
- Serve as B2P’s brand guardian – ensure that B2P has a consistent, compelling voice and identity across communication channels and mediums (includes printed material, press and media releases, online presence, events)
- Monitor and analyze engagement analytics and adjust strategy to drive awareness and/or conversion
- Design and maintain all brand assets, including templates, to be used by global team
- Work with sales vertical leads and advocacy team to understand their respective marketing and PR strategies and lead the development and oversight of promotion plans to ensure published content (images, video, written narrative) and communications (events, presentations, interviews) are created, curated and managed across platforms
- Design unique collateral by request where existing templates aren’t appropriate
- Lead the generation of online content that engages audience segments and leads to measurable action, deciding what, where, and when to disseminate
- Work closely with the Development Operations Manager to build a compelling annual giving campaign with goals to both drive revenue and build relevant brand awareness
- Manage relationships with brand, website, and material vendors (branding studio, photographers and videographers, website developer, printers, SEO agency, etc.)
- Lead a cross-departmental team in revision of the website to position B2P as a credible, digitally-savvy voice in alignment with advocacy efforts
- Own the design and production of all branded materials (swag)
- Build relationships with key media contacts in support of B2P’s awareness and advocacy efforts
- A devout love of story, engagement, and innovation
- Minimum seven-years of experience in brand management, marketing and/or communications (in a cause-focused organization preferred) or advocacy campaigning, with several years in a leadership position driving strategy.
- Experience designing communications campaigns targeted at global leaders and policy makers
- Track record in successful development and execution of marketing campaigns, communications, and public relations campaigns/activities that increase audience base, inspire action
- Demonstrated ability in using research, data, and insight to understand target audience, shape strategic thinking, and drive thoughtful execution that engages supporters in new ways
- Self-motivated and highly resourceful to move key initiatives forward and problem solve
- Ability to work strategically and collaboratively across departments
- Ability to work in a high-energy and team-oriented environment
- Relationship builder with the flexibility and finesse to “manage by influence”
- Impeccable attention to detail and passion for building and owning B2P’s brand
- Self-driven, effective, versatile, and action-oriented, with the ability to multi-task
- Excellent communication skills
- Computer literacy (Microsoft Office required, Adobe Design Suite and Canva preferred)
- Experience working in a global context preferred
- Bachelor’s degree required. Post-graduate degree preferred
This is a remote position.
$60,000 – $90,000 (dependent on experience)
For all US-based positions:
Compensation and benefits: $60,000 – $90,000 annual salary based on experience. Full-time benefits include 20 days PTO, 6 days sick time, 6 paid holidays, 10 business days office closure in December/January, paid parental leave, professional development and tuition reimbursement, 403b with employer contribution, health/vision/dental insurance benefits, flexible hybrid work model and more.
Sound like you? Please upload your resume and cover letter by September 30th, 2022.
We have seen firsthand the benefits of a diverse team, and the strength that comes with diversity in experience, background, and perspective. We strongly encourage applications from individuals that would bring a unique or underrepresented perspective to our organization.