The Global Alliance Director will lead a newly launched Global Rural Access coalition called theRural Opportunities for Universal Transportation Equity (ROUTE) coalition. ROUTE aims to coalesce funders, researchers, practitioners, and policy leaders in order to shine a light on the neglected topic of rural mobility worldwide and speed up the pace at which rural communities are connected to vital services.The Director will first be responsible for standing up ROUTE by developing the strategic plan, establishing governance procedures, and defining the long-term fundraising strategy.
The Director will ultimately lead or coordinate all coalition meetings and communication, community engagement, and implementation and evaluation activities.The Director will be a strong collaborator with a passion for systems change and ecosystem development across the rural access sector. This position will be both externally facing holding key relationships and internally supportive to program partnership staff.
- Develop and drive the coalition strategic plan
- Establish and monitor the coalition governance procedures
- Develop metrics and processes to measure progress towards the strategic plan
- Define and evaluate the fundraising and partner engagement strategies
- Lead the coalition in assessment, planning, implementation, and evaluation activities
- Lead coalition initiatives at the global level
- Develop and lead coalition meeting schedules and agendas
- Keep coalition and committees focused on activities that will meet projected outcomes
- Facilitate the organization of coalition events
- Identify primary stakeholders and hold strategic relationships
- Assist in assessment of training/technical assistance needs of the coalition, and in organizing training opportunities
- Assist in recruiting new coalition members
- Document coalition activities and progress toward outcomes in reports to lead agency, funders, coalition members, and broader community
- Identify communication material requirements and liaise with development department and external marketing services
- Be an organization expert and resource on emerging themes/topics in the rural mobility sector
- Manage coalition partnership tracking system
- Manage the development of marketing materials including a new website
- Five years’ experience managing systems change and/or global partnership initiatives. Experience with coalition or multi-stakeholder initiative building is a plus.
- Entrepreneurial spirit with ability to work and motivate independently
- Strong detail-oriented organizational skills, initiative and follow-through, juggle multiple tasks, and be collegial and team oriented
- Ability to produce high-level, accurate written material (reports, meeting notes, presentations etc.) under tight deadlines.
- A clear understanding of the low- to middle-income country resource and infrastructure context as well as familiarity with global policies and governance.
- Flexibility—including flexible work hours to enable working with members across many time zones. Ability to undertake occasional international travel.
- Experience in international development, human rights, social justice, sustainable development, or a related field and/or equivalent experience.
- Excellent written and oral communications skills in English (native level proficiency) are essential.
- Excellent interpersonal skills including networking, and experience communicating with multiple stakeholder groups (including policy makers, voluntary organizations, migrants’ groups etc.).
- Bachelors in relevant field; Masters a plus.
This is a remote position, but the candidate will ideally be located in one of Bridges to Prosperity’s current operating countries including the United States, Rwanda, Uganda, and Ethiopia. Other East African countries will be considered. International travel will be required intermittently depending on location.
$100,000 – $120,000, Negotiable based on previous experience.
Additional compensation details will be shared with shortlisted candidates early in the process for transparency.
Sound like you? Please upload your resume and cover letter by August 12th, 2022.
We have seen firsthand the benefits of a diverse team, and the strength that comes with diversity in experience, background, and perspective. We strongly encourage applications from individuals that would bring a unique or underrepresented perspective to our organization.